In this step-by-step sew-along I’ll be sharing how to construct your very own Miss Maggie Handbag, a free pattern from Emmaline Bags.
The Miss Maggie Handbag is a great pattern to build your bag making skills with simple techniques such as adding various hardware and working with different types of padding.
This pattern is a free pattern that you can download at Emmaline Bags, which is also a great place to purchase your bag making hardware.
This sewalong is part of the #Sewtember2019 challenge. This fun challenge encourages you to start sewing, whether you are a beginner, returning to sewing or just need help with your sewing mojo.
Join us as we share sew-along for free patterns all month long. Plus, if you make one of the patterns from one of the #sewalongs and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #SEWTEMBER2019 you could win a prize. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get to sewing ✂
- 9/1/2019 Akram’s Ideas | Miss Maggie’s Handbag Emmaline Bags(https://www.youtube.com/akramsideas)
- 9/2/2019 Elizabeth Made This | Elizabeth Made This DIY Drawstring Backpack (https://www.youtube.com/c/ElizabethMa…)
- 9/14/2019 Megan Handmade | Itch to Stitch Uvita Top (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNg… megan.handmade)
- 9/18/2019 Probably Whitney Sews| The August Dress (https://youtube.com/aglanceatmyworld)
- 9/24/2019 Dorothy’s Daughter | Colette Sorbetto (http://www.youtube.com/user/kkkoluch)
- 9/28/2019 Penguin and Pear | Love Notions Laundry Day Tee (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzd…)
Simply sew up one of the free pdf patterns we featured in any one of the #Sewtember2019 sew-alongs and share a pic of your finished make on Instagram between Sept 1st through October 13th.
Be sure to tag @akramsideas and use the hashtag #Sewtember2019. Winners will be picked at random and will be announced on October 16th. Rember that Instagram accounts must be public to be eligible to win.
Big Thanks to our sponsors: