Today is the day everyone! The day I release my very first episode of Akram’s Ideas on YouTube.
Akram’s Ideas on YouTube
I’ve talked about it before but never had the time to really make it happen. We’ll since this year is the year of the “unexpected” I decided let’s do it!
The goal is to post a few videos a month, so wish me luck and enjoy!
Akram’s Ideas – Episode 01 : Raspberry Red Velvet Cupcakes
Since it’s so close to Valentine’s day I decided the first episode would over my Raspberry Red Velvet Cupcakes. Not only are they delicious but the cute heart topping makes it perfect as a Valentine treat.
Below are printer friendly versions of both the cupcake and frosting recipes. Also you’ll want to check my previous post for the raspberry puree recipe.
- Dry Ingredients
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- ½ cup natural cocoa powder (not dutch processed or dark)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- Acid Ingredients
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt ( I used greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cup raspberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350 F line cupcake pan with paper liners should make about 24 cupcakes.
- Prepare raspberry puree and raspberry juice beforehand (see Akram’s Ideas for recipe).
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk and yogurt. Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in the raspberry puree.
- Alternate adding the dry and acid ingredients to the butter/egg mixture, mixing until combined.
- Use a scooper to place batter in cupcake liners. Bake for about 18-22 or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, and then completely on a wire rack.
- 4 oz butter (1 stick)
- 4 oz cream cheese (½ a block)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In mixer blend the butter and cream cheese.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, scraping down the sides of the mixer as you go.
- Add the vanilla and mix until everything is well blended.