Today I’m posting part two of my vintage pajama sew-along project.
Starting with where I left off from the last post had finished up the pants and was half way through the shirt construction.
After learning that the use of French seams in the armhole could lead to a tight fit, for little Layla, I decided to use the method I came up for her Turkey dress.
Basically I sewed the sleeve on at 1/2″ to give a more loose fit, then I zigzag stitched 1/4″ from the seam. Lastly trimmed the reaming fabric back to the zigzag to give more room. The rest of the sleeve was French seamed down the arm.
For the sleeve cuff I added the same cotton lace I added to the pockets. I really like how the sleeves look.
I had a bit of lace left and decided to add it to the hem of the pants, which I really feel ties the whole set together.
I had some issues with the collar and after adding the buttons, I am afraid that it may be a little tight around the neck for little Layla. However, there is no reason the top button needs to be buttoned, so it shouldn’t be a big deal.
I wish I had pictures of Layla in the pajamas, but since it’s a Christmas gift it will have to wait a few weeks.
I’m really glad I managed to get this project done in time with the sew-along. I feel accomplished, this being only my second sew along. I would like to thank Carla of Tiny Angry Crafter for hoisting this sew along and I can’t wait to see what the other participants put together.