As October comes to an end I thought I’d wrap up our pumpkin recipe series while simultaneously kicking off my pie series with a recipe for Turtle Pumpkin Pie.
This no-bake quickie bake recipe is a classic twist on a pumpkin pie that’s super delicious.
Turtle Pumpkin Pie
Turtle pie is named after the Turtles brand candy by DeMet’s Candy Company in the early 1900’s. The candy featured caramel and peans as does the pie.
Our turtle pumpkin pie is a combination of a no-bake pumpkin pie with the caramel and pecans of a turtle pie.
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/4 cup & 2 Tbsp Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup & 2 Tbsp Pecan Pieces
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 packages of 4-serving Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 Tsp of pumpkin Spice
- 1 tub 8oz cool whip
- Mix together pumpkin, pudding, pumpkin spice and milk in large bowl with whisk until blended. Fold in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP.
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping onto bottom of pie crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into the crust.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Drizzle remaining caramel topping and nuts just before serving.
Twist on a Classic
While the no-bake pumpkin pie has become relatively commonplace in the last few years this recipe puts a new twist on it.
The caramel and the pecans give this pie a great texture and added interest.
It’s also a really quick make if you are in need of a pumpkin pie and are looking for something a bit different.
Jazz it Up
This recipe can be jazzed up even more with a few variation.
First off you can substitute the vanilla pudding and pumpkin spice for 2 packages of Jell-O Pudding-Instant Pumpkin.
Secondly, you can add more Turtle pie to your recipe by adding chocolate to the mix. Simply add 1/4 cup of melted chocolate on top of the caramel and pecans before topping with the pumpkin mix. Then drizzle chocolate on top of the pie along with the caramel and pecans.
Quick Holiday Make
Everyone loves pie for the holidays but not everyone has a ton of time for making a traditional pie.
This turtle pumpkin pie is a quick make and one the whole family is bound to enjoy.
If you try your hand at making this pie I’d love to hear in the comments below how yours turned out.