Summertime is full of family get-togethers and cook-outs. It never fails that this time of year, whenever I’m invited to such a gathering I am asked to bring my signature Key Lime Pie.
Key Lime Pie
This particular dish is actually super easy to make, which is why I call it a “Quick Bake”, or more specifically a no-bake pie.
The pie calls for a graham cracker crust, lime jello, vanilla ice cream, key lime or lime juice and zest. The key is to use fresh key lime or lime juice and zest. The Fresh ingredients make all the difference in this recipe and really give the pie it’s lime taste.
- 2 3oz (4 serving) or 1 6oz (8 serving) Package(s) of Sugar-Free Lime Jello
- 1-3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup key lime or Lime Juice (preferably fresh)
- 2 teaspoons key lime or Lime Zest
- 2 cups of softened No-Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix Jello with boiling water till fully dissolved.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest.
- Add ice cream, mix until all is blended.
- Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve with a topping of Cool Whip.
One reason this pie is so popular with relatives, especially older relatives is that it’s mostly sugar-free, all except the graham cracker pie crust.
I used a pre-made graham cracker crust for this recipe, however, an alternative would be to make a sugar-free pie crust.
I’ve actually made this pie once using a shortbread cookie crust, using Murray Sugar-Free Shortbread Cookies. Basically, you crush the cookies and mix with melted butter, then press into a pie pan. Very similar to making a homemade graham cracker crust.
No matter how many times I make this pie, I fall in love with it all over again.
It’s light and fresh and just perfect for a hot summer day. It’s also super easy to make, which is probably why I make it like maybe once every other month.
I hope you try out this pie. If you be sure to let me know what you thought of it.