The first of my sewing projects this summer I decided to try my hand at my Vintage Simplicity 8890 pattern. The pattern’s copyright was 1970, and I had bought some fabric I knew would be just perfect for it the jumper (version 1).
The pattern was pretty straight forward and only had two main pattern pieces for the jumper. I decided not to make the blouses, since I had a blouse I could wear with this dress. If it weren’t for the blouses included in the pattern, I bet it would be a “Jiffy” pattern.
The pattern was a half-size, making it small about an inch at the bust. to accommodate my size II decided to add a 1/2 inch to each pattern piece on the fold. The original pattern also had a zipper, and since I’m lazy, I decided not to include a zipper, just another 1/2 inch, making enough wiggle room that it could slip on over my head.
As in the pattern picture the jumper looked best when paired with a belt, and it just so happened I had a perfect red one to match.
Though this was the first sewing project of the summer, the material of the dress is rather heavy, so it’s too hot now to really wear the dress, but come September, it will be perfect.