My niece Layla loves strawberries. Since I’m a strawberry lover since before birth, true story my mom craved strawberry milkshakes when she was pregnant with me; I decided to bring Layla strawberries every time I see her.
Aunt Strawberry Makes Dessert
The moment I walk in Layla runs up to me and says “strawberry”. Yep, I’m officially Aunt Strawberry.
Usually I bring fresh strawberries to eat after dinner with cool whip or just by themselves. It’s not only a healthy dessert it’s tasty too.
Speaking of dessert, what is dinner without dessert?
My sister @Fatebee isn’t one for making dessert so I thought one night I would spoil Layla to a semi-healthy mix of strawberry sweetness.
Summer Berry Pizza
Since Layla is also a big fan of pizza I thought I would make her a summer berry pizza.
Basically this pizza consist of a sugar cookie crust, topped with a white chocolate sauce and summer berries. It’s quick, easy, tasty, and almost healthy.
- 1 Package of Sugar Cookie Dough
- 6 ozs of White Chocolate Chips
- ½ to 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- ½ to 1 cup of blueberries
- Roll out sugar cookie dough onto a pizza pan cook as directed on package to a golden color. Do not overcook to ensure a chewy crust.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Pour over cookie crust, spreading to cover top.
- Place strawberries and blueberries on top.
Little Helper Layla
I even had Layla help me make this dish. She was a little unsure at first but got really into it. She placed each strawberry and blueberry on top individually, so cute.
She really like the summer berry pizza, but I think she may have liked the white chocolate chips even more.
I snuck her a few chips before melting them and her eyes lit up. She doesn’t get much sweets and she probably never had chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips in this case) before just out of the bag.
There was a little still in the bag and my sister was going to throw them out and I told her to keep them, and immediately Layla was like no keep them. It was too funny.