While cleaning out my pantry this past weekend I discovered I had a 24 oz bag of white chocolate chips. I had bought these to makes some cookies that I never got around to.
Anyways, I started thinking and as you know I love pie. So, I thought why not make some sort of white chocolate chip pie and ended up with my Strawberry White Chocolate Pie.
Strawberry White Chocolate Pie
After doing a lot of searching on Pinterest I found several white chocolate no-bake cheesecake type dishes. This sounded good and all but I wanted a little something different.
Having made my Lemon Berry Pie recently, I really wanted something with berries, primarily Strawberries, which are my fave.
Needless to say by combining a few different recipes I came up with my own Strawberry White Chocolate Pie.
- 1 Oreo Crust
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 8 oz. Neufchâtel cheese (or cream cheese)
- 8 oz Sugar Free Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, trimmed and halved
- In a microwave safe dish melt the white chocolate chips in 15 second intervals so not to burn the chips. Stir between hearings to make sure the chips are completed melted.
- Using a mixer blend the Neufchâtel cheese, slowly mix the melted white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until fully blended.
- Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer in the bottom of the crust.
- Pour filling over strawberries until level with the top edge of the crust.
- Let chill a few minutes, then top with left over strawberries and drizzle a little melted chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Oreo Pie Crust
While the filling is basically a no-bake white chocolate cheesecake, I decided to go with an Oreo pie crust. I thought this would give a great black and white look to the pie and break up the white chocolate flavor a little.
To tell the truth I think this is the first time I’ve ever used an Oreo pie crust, crazy I know.
I really like the classic look the pie gives with the dark crust, white pie and the pop of color from the strawberries.
The strawberries I think really break up the richness of this pie and give it a bit of a refreshing taste. I also really love how the Strawberry White Chocolate Pie looks when sliced into and seeing all those delicious strawberries at the bottom of the pie.
I added a few strawberries on top just to break up the white color of the pie, and give a little hint to what to expect. I suppose I could have just left it a surprise when you cut into the pie, but oh well.
The Strawberry White Chocolate Pie has such a rich taste. The decadent white chocolate and Neufchâtel cheese flavor are paired exquisitely with the fresh taste of the strawberries.
What I probably like most about this Strawberry White Chocolate Pie, is that while it looks like something from a fancy restaurant, it really is a quickie bake.
As always, I’d love to hear if you make this pie and what your thoughts are.