One of my favorite ways to use the pecan pumpkin butter is to make pecan pumpkin dessert bars.
Pecan Pumpkin Butter Bars
Whether you call them dessert squares or bars (in my house we refer to them as cookies) this recipe will not disappoint.
This 3 layered dessert is super quick and easy and quick to whip up. All you need are a handful of ingredients.
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 jar Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs milk
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Layer 1 - Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside. Using an electric mixer combine remaining cake mix with 1 egg and ½ cup of butter. Mix to cookie dough consistency. Press dough into bottom of pan.
- Layer 2 - Mix the jar of pecan pumpkin butter with the milk and remaining 2 eggs. Pour layer over cake layer.
- Layer 3 - Combine the reserved 1 cup of cake mix with flour, sugar and cinnamon and remaining ¼ cup of butter. Mix to cookie dough consistency. Crumble the topping over the other two layers.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool before eating. Eat by itself or top with cool whip.
Ooey Gooey Goodness
The Pecan Pumpkin Butter bars just melt in your mouth. The moist cake and ooey gooey pumpkin butter layer, so good.
If you like pumpkin and cake I definitely encourage you to try this dish. The recipe is super easy, in fact my hubby is the one who usually makes these. And if you do make these I’d love to hear what you thought about it.