For years I have been curious about the Monkey Bread recipe that is on the back of the Pillsbury Grand’s biscuits containers. It looked tasty but I thought to myself that it would never come out as nice as it does in the picture. Then on this winter morning when deciding what to have for breakfast, I discovered that I had some Pillsbury biscuits on hand and I thought what the heck, maybe I’ll try that Monkey Bread recipe. The only substitutions I made was I used Splenda and Splenda brown sugar blends so that it would be as sugar free as possible for my hubby.
Now if you’ve never made Monkey Bread before, after making this I suggest you do! It is not only easy but it comes out picture perfect, not to mention how tasty it is.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 4 cans of Pillsbury® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar or Splenda Brown Sugar blends
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. I
- n large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters.
- Shake in bag to coat, then arrange in pan.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve.
- Serve warm.