I am in love with Philadelphia’s Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread. I first used it on my fall festival pumpkin cake I made last month, and have been obsessed with it ever since.
Philadelphia’s Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread is amazing, I eat it with bread, rolls and even had it with brownies.
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
My second favorite way to have Philadelphia’s Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread is as a base for my Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting. This frosting is the same one I used on the inside of my fall festival pumpkin cake.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Philadelphia pumpkin spice cream cheese spread
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon William Sonoma Pumpkin Coffee Syrup
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the pumpkin syrup.
Pumpkin Cake Cookies
I wanted to make the frosting again, but didn’t want to make a cake. So instead I opted to make these super simple pumpkin cake cookies. Basically all you need is a can of pumpkin and a yellow cake mix.
- 1 box yellow cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker™)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans). Lightly grease or spray cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and butter with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute.
- On cookie sheet, drop dough by generous tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set and light golden brown around edges. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost with frosting. Store loosely covered.
I whipped these up in in no time, and it took less than that for them to be devoured by coworkers. They are very rich and the frosting is super creamy, so you can’t eat a whole lot, but “OMG” they are so good.
Pumpkin Spice Love
The cookies and frosting is a great and quick holiday treat. Not only is it packed full of pumpkin goodness it’s so easy to put together. I have no doubt that I will most definitely be making these again the future.