Last week I mentioned that August 18th is national Fajita day and in the spirit, I shared with you, my restaurant style fajita nacho recipe.
Well, one can not have nachos with out a good side of Queso and Guacamole, I mean really.
Super Easy Cheese Queso
I’m all about quick and easy recipes and my cheese queso is no exception. This recipe isn’t really mine, it’s my hubby’s, one that he came up with during his bachelor years.
One of his most common dinners, when he was single, was chips and queso and he decided to come up with his own queso.
The recipe calls for two simple ingredients that one could find in most bachelor pads, and that is a jar of cheese wiz and a can of Campbell’s cheese soup.
- 2 tablespoons of Cheese Wiz
- 1 can of Campbell's Cheese Soup
- Combine cheese wiz and cheese soup in slow cooker.
- Cook on medium heat until ready serve.
- Stir the mixture periodically to avoid burning the cheese.
While some might go for that prepackaged guacamole dips, there is nothing like fresh guacamole. Now I love avocados, in fact, there is always at least two of them in my fridge at any given time, which makes this recipe so easy to put together.
You can make this dish with fresh homemade salsa but if you’re short on time like I often am, just choose your favorite store bought salsa brand. I personally am fond of Chunky Style Mild Pace Picante Salsa
- 1 large avocado
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Salsa
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- In a medium bowl mash up your avocado.
- Mix the lime juice with the avocado.
- Stir in the salsa.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and mix.
- Add more salsa or salt to taste.
Chips and Cheese
Our queso and guacamole recipe is so quick and easy that some nights we opt to have just chips and cheese (as we call our queso). It’s probably not healthy but it’s so tasty.
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear in the comments what you thought of it. Be sure to check back next week when I wrap up this mini Mexican food series with an easy sopapilla recipe.