It’s officially Holiday season and with Thanksgiving only a week away I thought I’d share a quickie bake recipe for what is bound to be a new holiday favorite, Orange Cranberry Pie.
Twist on Orange Cranberry Relish
Orange Cranberry (or Cranberry Orange) relish has become a very popular dish at the holiday table and this recipe takes the best flavors of that dish and turns them into a dreamy creamy dessert.
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 - 4 serving pkg Orange Jello
- 1 cup whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1 - 8oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1 Graham Cracker crust
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve jello with boiling water. Then combine cold water and orange juice to the jello mixture.
- Let jello set for a few minutes to thicken.
- Mix in the cool whip to the jello.
- Then fold the whole cranberry sauce.
- Let mixture chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to thicken up enough to scoop into pie crust.
- After chilling scoop mixture into pie crust and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Creamy Fresh Tart Flavor
This dish has a creamy fresh tart flavor that making it a well talked about dessert at the holiday table.
The added fresh orange juice I think makes all the difference and adds to the fresh taste of this pie.
The layers of cranberry give not only a great taste but a colorful addition to the pie itself.
Cranberry Orange Pie
If you want more cranberry than orange in your pie, try making this same recipe with cranberry jello.
Cranberry jello is often a seasonal item, so it might be difficult to find at your local supermarket. However, if you are lucky enough to come across it, give it a try.
The extra cranberry will give the pie a more tart flavor and a berry color.
However you choose to make this pie, if you do so, I’d love to hear in the comments below how yours turned out.