With spring break right around the corner, it has a lot of people fed up with cabin fever ready to get away to the closest beach.
Yes, the sandy beach and the saltwater air, what better way to kick off the changing of the season.
However, if you can’t make your way to the beach why not bring a little beach flavor to you, in the form of a scrumptious coconut cream pie.
Coconut Cream Pie
No matter what the season is, a delightful coconut cream pie can give you that feeling of a beach holiday.
The light cream and refreshing coconut are the perfect parings for a pie, though a classic coconut cream pie can be a bit tedious to put together.
Don’t worry! I have a quickie bake recipe for a coconut cream pie that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 2 pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1-1/4 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 - 8oz. tubs of cool whip
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the pudding and the 2 cups of milk.
- Mix in 1 cup of the sweetened coconut flakes.
- To the pudding mixture fold in on tub of cool whip.
- Pour pudding mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Top pie with remaining tub of cool whip, refridgearte for 3 hours before serving.
- Before serving toast the remaining coconut flakes in a skillette over medium to low heat.
- Sprinkle on top of pie and serve.
The flavor of this pie really wows! It’s so light and creamy and there’s coconut in each bite.
For an even more island taste, I would suggest swapping out the vanilla pudding for banana pudding.
Regardless I think this is a great pie to kick off spring break or perhaps whip one up for Easter holiday.
Voted Best Pie
At our most recent family get-together, my sister’s had a little bet on who could make the best coconut cream pie. My parents were the judge and after a blind taste test, my pie was voted winner.
In fact, at my pie was devoured way before the rest. Just goes to show that a quickie bake pie can sometimes even beat a traditional one in a taste test.
If you try your hand at making this pie I’d love to hear in the comments below how yours turned out.