Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and with that said it’s more than likely that a box of chocolate will be in your near future.
One of the most popular types of chocolates to be given out this time of year is, of course, the famous chocolate covered cherries.
While this is all good and dandy, I thought what could be better than candy?
If you know me then you will know my answer will have to PIE!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Pie
It’s no surprise then that I conceived the idea of turning the icon chocolate covered cherries into a pie. Also, because I wanted a quick and easy recipe I opted to make it a no-bake pie.
- 2 - 4 serving pkgs of instant choocolate pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of cherry pie filling
- 1 - 8oz. tup of cool whip
- 1 chocolate cookie crust
- In a large mixing bowl, compbine pudding and milk.
- Scoop out 1-1/2 cup of pudding mixture and place it at the bottom of the cookie crust.
- Pour the cherry filling over the pudding in the crust.
- To the remaining pudding mixture fold in the 8oz. tub of cool whip.
- Pour the cool whip pudding mixture over the cherries.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 3 hours before serving.
However, the hidden layer of cherries makes this so much more. It’s rich and chocolatey and so cherry full.
I was a little overzealous when I made this pie and took it out of the fridge a little early. Thus as you can see in the image above, the slice, kind of collapsed on itself but, omg, the flavor is amazing.
Enjoy it with Your Valentine
Sure anyone can go and by a box of chocolates, but baking your sweet Valentine something, will really wow them.
Best of all this pie is easy to whip up so you don’t have to spend a lot of time on it, but it looks like you did *lol*.
I must also admit that ever since I made this pie I’ve been thinking about it. It was so good I want to make another one.
If you do try your hand at making this pie, I’d love to hear in the comments below how yours turned out.