I may have mentioned that my niece Layla loves strawberries, and whenever I visit I bring strawberries. Thus, giving me the nickname of Aunt Strawberry.
Since strawberries will be out of season soon, I thought I’d make little Layla one last strawberry treat before summer is officially over.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
I decided for this one last Strawberry hooray to go with strawberry cheesecake. After all you can never go wrong with strawberry cheesecake.
However, I didn’t really feel like taking the time to make a full on cheesecake and strawberry sauce and everything. Instead, I opted to make a no-bake strawberry cheesecake.
There are lots of recipes online for no-bake strawberry cheesecake, most include a pudding base.
So, for my recipe I went with a basic no-bake pudding pie recipe with cream cheese. Then I decided to layer the filling with strawberries making it sort of a strawberry shortcake cheesecake mashup.
- 1 box (14 oz) graham crackers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) of Cool whip
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Beat cream cheese and pudding with an electric mixer, until well blended.
- Gradually mix in milk, making sure the pudding is fully dissolved.
- Reserve ½ cup of Cool Whip. Fold the remaining ½ cup of Cool Whip into the cheesecake filling.
- Spread a thin layer of cool whip down on your baking dish.
- Next, place a layer of graham crackers down at the bottom of your baking dish.
- Pour a layer of the cheesecake filling over the graham crackers.
- Top the cheesecake filling with sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layering graham crackers, pudding and strawberries, until you reach the top of the baking dish.
- Top the final layer of strawberries with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Freeze for 4 hours, then serve.
This was not only a quick and easy recipe the results were delicious!
For this recipe I used two 8 X 8 aluminum baking pans, this way I could have two cheesecakes from one mixture. It worked out perfectly.
As usual Layla was very happy with her strawberry dessert. She liked it so much she even insisted on licking her plate.